A detailed update of the UAE's TV market, encompassing free-to-air and pay TV across all TV technologies, plus next-generation TV initiatives and OTT video. Includes TV ratings, revenue, market shares, programming, and advertising.
- A serious diplomatic dispute arose in 2017 between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, and Bahrain. This had some negative implications for the operation of Al Jazeera and beIN.
- IPTV is the dominant TV technology, accounting for 52% of TV households at the end of 2017. DTH accounts for 45% (30% pay, 15% free). Analog terrestrial and cable are now obsolete.
- Etisalat is the leading player in the pay-TV market; it has consistently made gains in recent years as it has migrated its cable-TV subscriber base to IPTV.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes TV market structure, emerging competition, and operator performance, as well as digital TV developments.
- Lists key broadcasting rights and TV advertising spend, and features TV household forecasts.
Key questions answered
- What is the subscriber base of pay-TV operators?
- What are the key developments in the digital TV market?
- What are the factors driving the UAE's pay-TV market?
Table of contents
Download 1: UAE TV Update