Twilio, a San Francisco-based cloud platform provider, announced its entrance into the cloud contact center marketplace with the introduction of Twilio Flex.
- The introduction of Twilio Flex, following a similar introduction by Amazon – Amazon Connect – will initiate a competitive disruption in the contact center marketplace in the months and years ahead. Ovum believes this has more than competitive product implications.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Twilio's new product offering and how it will further disrupt the contact center marketplace.
- Analyzes the implications of the consumption-based pricing model utilized by Twilio Flex and its implication in the marketplace.
Key questions answered
- Will the bundled Flex pricing plan, including the contact center with the telecom costs, imply less buyer flexibility?
- What acceptance will the do-it-yourself capabilities and the consumption pricing model of the Flex have on the marketplace?
Table of contents
Twilio Flex will be a disruptive force in an already frenzied market
There are more than product implications in Twilio's actions
Coopetition breeds odd bedfellows