This spreadsheet provides an overview of the latest TV technology announcements and can be organized by region, vendor, deal type, platform, device type, and feature.
- Activity in the TV technology space reached record levels in 3Q18 on multiple levels. Most of the announcements emanated during and around September's IBC 2018 event in Amsterdam
- The rise of Android TV has meant that vendors have started developing go-to-market solutions of their own to assist bidding operators wanting to launch the service. There were 15 Android-related announcements made during 3Q18 alone, making it a record quarter for the platform.
- Overall, OTT standalone and OTT-TV hybrid news announcements saw a record number of announcements in 3Q18 as well, totaling 49.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the launches and agreements in the TV technology sector in recent years up to 3Q18, inclusive.
- Identifies trends in TV technology announcements, and compares them with previous quarters.
- Analyzes the uptake of Android TV.
Key questions answered
- How many STB-related announcements have been made this year so far?
- How many new deals were struck by service operators with tech vendors?
- What was the most prominent service operator platform (IPTV, cable, DTH) in relation to the number of announcements in recent quarters?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Technology Announcements Tracker: 3Q18