This spreadsheet provides an overview of the latest TV technology announcements and can be organized by region, vendor, deal type, platform, device type, and feature.
- Activity in the TV technology space in 4Q18 slowed because it was sandwiched between two tech conferences: IBC in September 2018 and CES in January 2019. However, 4Q18 saw a record number of deals announced for the Latin American region, totaling seven.
- Globally, most deals focused on IPTV-hybrid solutions, totaling 13, whereas cable and DTH reached five each. There were 24 OTT-related announcements, taking the total number of news for the year within the OTT space to 129.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the launches and agreements in the TV technology sector in recent years up to January 2019.
- Identifies trends in TV technology announcements, and compares them with previous quarters.
- Analyzes the uptake of Android TV.
Key questions answered
- How many STB-related announcements were made in 2018?
- How many new deals were struck by service operators with tech vendors?
- What was the most prominent service operator platform (IPTV, cable, DTH) in relation to the number of announcements in recent quarters?
- What were the major announcements made during and around CES Las Vegas 2019?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Technology Announcements Tracker: 1Q19