This spreadsheet projects unit sales and installed base for digital set-top boxes (STBs) for the 2015–24 period, with splits are provided by TV technology platform. This spreadsheet includes forecasts for connected, 4K and Android TV STBs.
- This iteration of the forecast introduces Android TV STB forecasts,and Tier-2 markets STB forecasts, taking the total number of individually forecasted markets to 91.
- Ovum forecasts that the global set-top-box (STB) market for sales will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the next five years, from 257 million unit sales in 2019 to 274 million in 2024.
- The market remains dominated by pay-TV operators, generating an estimated 79% of volume demand in 2019.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the set-top box market by TV platform and by country.
- Evaluates future 4K UHD adoption in the set-top box market.
- Evaluates future Android TV STB adoption in the set-top box market.
- Analyzes key individual markets across the globe.
Key questions answered
- Which regions will be most affected by the rise of non-traditional OTT set-top boxes?
- What will be the market penetration of 4K set-top boxes in developed markets by 2024?
- What will be the market penetration of Android TV set-top boxes by 2024?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Set-Top Box Sales and Installed Base, 2019–24