This spreadsheet projects unit sales and installed base for digital set-top boxes (STBs) for the 2014–22 period. Splits are provided by TV platform (cable, IPTV, DTH, DTT), including connected and 4K UHD STBs, and major regional and national markets.
- Ovum expects the global set-top box (STB) market to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% over the next five years, from 280 million unit sales in 2017 to 302 million in 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Sizes the set-top box market by TV platform and by country.
- Evaluates future 4K UHD adoption in the set-top box market.
Key questions answered
- Which individual and regional markets are primed for the largest growth of set-top boxes?
- Which regions will be most affected by the rise of non-traditional OTT set-top boxes?
- What will be the market penetration of 4K set-top boxes in developed markets by 2022?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Set-Top Box Sales and Installed Base, 2017–22