Media streamer sales will peak in 2020 and then decline as smart TV sales grow globally through the forecast period. Despite this decline, media streamers will continue to provide OTT access to nearly 400 million households through 2024.
- The availability and adoption of OTT video services is the main driver for media streamer sales. Devices will not sell without a local TV app ecosystem to support them.
- Operators can utilize branded-media streamers to engage consumers.
- Content companies should focus efforts on media streamer and smart TV partners with wide consumer reach and software providing streamlined access to content.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates media streamer and smart TV outlooks in differently developing countries.
- Outlines vendor strategies in the next five years.
- Discusses evolving media streamer and smart TV models and new purchase drivers/inhibitors.
Key questions answered
- How can Amazon, Apple, Google, and Roku continue to differentiate their products?
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors for media streamer and smart TV adoption?
- What role do operators and content play in local and global TV device adoption?
- How does 4K, and subsequently 8K, impact TV devices?
- How will TV device installed base grow over the next five years? How many households will be penetrated?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast Report: 2019–24