This spreadsheet projects unit sales, installed base, device households, and users for TV devices for the 2019–24 period. Splits are provided by device type (regular, smart, 4K TV) and major regional and national markets.
- Key purchase drivers for TV devices in the forecast period (through 2024) include the 2020 Summer and 2022 Winter Olympics, the 2022 World Cup, and 4K UHD TV content launches.
- Some European countries such as France slowed in total TV sales subsequently leading to lower adoption of smart and 4K TVs.
- The 2018 World Cup was a key driver for sales in host country Russia as well as regions such as Latin America.
Features and Benefits
- Projects TV and smart TV unit sales, installed base, device households, and active user trends.
- Offers insight into actively connected smart TVs.
- Identifies key regional growth trends for TV sets.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeding the growth of the TV market through 2024?
- How will the installed base of TVs and smart TVs change in the next five years?
- Of the installed base of smart TVs, how many will be connected to the Internet in the next five years?
- How much of the smart TV units sold will be composed of 4K UHD TVs by 2024?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Regular, Smart, Connected, and 4K UHD TV, 2019–24