This spreadsheet projects unit sales, installed base, device households, and users for TV devices for the 2017–22 period. Splits are provided by device type (regular vs. smart TV, including connected smart TV and 4K UHD TV sets) and major regional and national markets.
- The unfavorable macroeconomic context in parts of Latin America and Russia continues to affect TV unit sales, slowing down adoption of more advanced technologies such as smart TVs and UHD TVs in those markets.
- Some countries, such as Brazil, experienced a slight economic growth in 2017, which will eventually make consumers slightly more willing to invest in TVs.
- Adoption in these countries will be further spurred by Korea's 2018 Winter Olympics and Russia's 2018 FIFA World Cup as well as 4K UHD TV service launches.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the growth of total TV sets, smart TVs, and 4K UHD TVs.
- Identifies key trends in regional growth for TV sets.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeding the growth of the TV market till 2022?
- What will the smart TV market look like in 2022?
- How much of the smart TV units sold will be composed of 4K UHD TVs by 2022?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Regular, Smart, Connected, and 4K UHD TV, 2017–22