This spreadsheet projects unit sales, installed base, and number of households for media streamers for the 2019–24 period. Forecasts are provided for major regional and national markets.
- Ovum expects the media streamer market to decline at a CAGR of -4.5% between 2020–24.
- Media streamers will continue to bring access to OTT video services and apps to nearly 400 million TV households by the end of 2024.
- North America and Europe's combined share of households will drop from 55% in 2018 to 46% in 2024 as developed countries shift away from media streamers and developing countries start reaching their peaks in sales.
Features and Benefits
- Sizes the market for media streamers.
- Evaluates the potential for media streamers in key markets including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, the US, China, and Brazil.
- Highlights media streamer trends in developing markets.
Key questions answered
- What is the size of the media streamer market?
- How many households will have access to OTT video services via media streamers in the next five years?
- In which years will developed vs developing countries peak in media streamer sales?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Media Streamer Sales and Installed Base, 2019–24