This spreadsheet projects unit sales, installed base, and number of households for media streamers for the 2017–22 period. Forecasts are provided for major regional and national markets.
- Ovum expects the media streamer market to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% over the next five years, from 83 million unit sales in 2017 to 103.6 million in 2022.
- Media streamers will continue to bring access to OTT video services and apps to more than 360 million TV households by the end of 2022.
- North America and Europe's combined share of households will drop from 60.3% in 2017, to 46.1% in 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Sizes the market for media streamers.
- Evaluates the potential for media streamers in key markets including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, the US, China, and Brazil.
Key questions answered
- What is the size of the media streamer market?
- How many households will have access to OTT video services via media streamers in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Devices Forecast: Media Streamer Sales and Installed Base, 2017–22