This report provides an update on the Turkish market, including key consumer trends, operator initiatives, and content strategies. It also contains analysis of the mobile and fixed markets in Turkey and their outlook, including subscription and revenue forecasts.
- Turkey is one of the most competitive markets in the Middle East, and operators are now focused on reducing churn levels by implementing new strategies to encourage users to switch to postpaid tariffs and developing digital strategies.
- The number of mobile subscribers in the country increased to around 79.4 million in 1Q19 – growth of 2.07% compared to 1Q18.
- At end-1Q19, 56.52% of mobile subscriptions were postpaid. Ovum believes this percentage will continue to grow, as operators look to migrate subscribers to high-value postpaid tariff plans for multiplay service bundles amid declining voice and SMS usage.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the Turkish mobile and fixed markets.
- Analyzes the OTT and TV markets in Turkey.
Key questions answered
- What are the emerging trends and growth prospects in the Turkish market?
- What are the major challenges affecting growth in the Turkish market?
Table of contents
Download 1: Turkey: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report