A detailed update of Tunisia's TV market, encompassing free-to-air and pay TV across all TV technologies, plus next-generation TV initiatives and OTT video. Includes digital terrestrial TV developments, revenue, market shares, programming, and advertising.
- Digital terrestrial television (DTT) rollout started in 2009. It has made some progress, but penetration is still fairly low at 32%. Ovum forecasts that DTT will continue to proliferate, but at a slow pace because of the dominance of FTA DTH. However, DTT will eventually overtake DTH as the leading TV platform.
- Despite some progress, broadband penetration is still low at about 45%, but with mobile Long-Term Evolution (LTE) recently launched in the market, fixed LTE should see a drop in prices and hence greater adoption. An increase in broadband penetration and operator multiplay will help stimulate growth in pay TV.
Features and Benefits
- Understand pay-TV industry trends and future outlook.
- Learn about developments in next-gen TV services.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeding the growth of the Tunisia's TV market in the next five years?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in Tunisia's TV market?
Table of contents
Download 1: Tunisia TV Update