US folk singer Tracy Chapman has filed a lawsuit at the US District Court for the Central District of California against Onika Tanya Maraj, professionally known as the rapper Niki Minaj, accusing her and unnamed defendants of copyright infringement.
- The claim centers on the unauthorized use of a section of lyrics from the Chapman track Baby Can I Hold You for the unreleased Minaj track Sorry.
Features and Benefits
- Details the copyright infringement claim made by Tracy Chapman against Niki Minaj.
- Explains why this claim differs from previous high-profile plagiarism cases.
Key questions answered
- Why is Tracy Chapman suing Niki Minaj?
- Why is it so important that the case results in a positive outcome for Chapman?
Table of contents
The complex world of music plagiarism
Baby, can I borrow you and play you on the radio
The importance of a positive outcome for Chapman