The Total Fixed Voice Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2019–24 is part of Ovum's fixed forecast series, which provides in-depth projections of KPIs for the fixed voice market to 2024. It includes subscriptions by technology, service revenues, subscription revenues, and call revenues.
- On a global basis, service revenues from fixed voice services are expected to decline at a CAGR of -5.42% between 2019 and 2024, from $147bn in 2019 to $111bn in 2024. The largest declines in absolute terms will occur in the markets of Africa (-8.25% CAGR), Eastern Europe (-7.47%), and Central and Southern Asia (-7.19%).
- Globally, fixed voice subscriptions are expect to fall from 897 million in 2019 to 824 million in 2024, a CAGR of -1.69%, driven by fixed-to-mobile substitution. This decline is far slower than the decline in revenues due to the impact of bundling.
Features and Benefits
- Examines how fixed voice subscriptions and revenues will change between 2019 and 2024 across all regions and major markets in the world.
- Shows the increasing maturity of developed-market fixed voice services and the impact of fixed-to-mobile and VoIP substitution.
Key questions answered
- How many voice subscriptions are there globally, and how fast will they decline over the next five years?
- What is the outlook for fixed voice revenues?
- How are voice revenues shifting between calls and subscriptions?
- How is fixed voice technology migrating over the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Total Fixed Voice Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2019–24