T-Mobile is the third-largest mobile operator by subscriptions, with 75.62 million subscriptions at end-2Q18, up 8.71% year on year – the largest growth of any US operator. T-Mobile’s market share was 16.5% at end-2Q18, up from 16.1% at end-2Q17.
- T-Mobile plans to have a 5G network that is nationwide by 2020, which would make it the first in the US to do so.
- T-Mobile and Sprint have announced plans to merge, a deal that would give the two a stronger 5G proposition.
- T-Mobile has acquired Layer3 TV, which will be the springboard for T-Mobile to launch its own pay-TV streaming service.
Features and Benefits
- Compare T-Mobile to its peers across a variety of financial benchmarks.
- Learn about T-Mobile’s subscription and market share trends.
- Learn about T-Mobile’s strategic initiatives, including deployment plans for 5G.
Key questions answered
- What are T-Mobile’s key products and services?
- What are T-Mobile’s plans for deploying 5G?
Table of contents
Download 1: T-Mobile US Update, August 2018