Analysis of the impact AI technologies, products, and services are having during the COVID-19 crisis across key consumer use cases, how this will play out in the longer term, and recommendations for key stakeholders.
- AI is center stage in the medical response to COVID-19 and a longer-term outcome will see AI take a wider role in healthcare: personal monitoring and diagnostic apps, tele-medicine, assisted living, and use of robots in hospitals and care environments.
- The pandemic is an opportunity for AI assistants to demonstrate tangible benefits to consumers that might not have been evident to them before. This should help counter the major cause of dissatisfaction with these products: lack of perceived utility.
- Being home during the pandemic is driving demand for productivity applications and video conferencing where AI can add significant enhancements: automatically optimizing bandwidth, background noise suppression, automatic translations, personalization features such as changeable background visuals.
Features and Benefits
- Understand how AI is supporting home working during the pandemic, with videoconferencing at the forefront.
- Discover AI is driving innovation in commerce during COVID-19 and how it is transforming healthcare.
- Understand the impact of robots, drones and autonomous driving during COVID-19 and how uptake of could change going forward.
- Understand what’s at stake in the tension between the need to preserve privacy and the need to preserve health.
Key questions answered
- How is AI being used in the medical response against COVID-19 and how will this change healthcare post-pandemic?
- How is AI supporting people at home during lockdowns; what are the most significant AI enhancements and benefits?
- How is AI being used to protect consumers from the rising tide of unscrupulous behavior during the pandemic?
- What must service providers and technology providers do to leverage opportunities presented by AI during the pandemic—and after?
Table of contents
Recommendations for consumer service providers
Recommendations for technology vendors
AI is arming the medical fight against COVID-19
Visual technologies are assisting detection and containment
Calling on the power of advanced AI analytics
The rise of contact tracing applications
AI is a key enabler for critical COVID-19 research
Tensions in the use of AI to fight COVID-19 and privacy
Expanded opportunities for automation
Validation for robots, drones, and self-driving vehicles
Smart cities will play a bigger role going forward
AI will play a key role supporting people at home
A time for AI assistants to come into their own
COVID-19 will turn attention to smart home–assisted lifestyle transformation
AI will enhance productivity for home workers—and students
AI is helping to manage the surge in e-commerce
And drive longer term transformation in retail
AI can ease stretched customer support functions
Domain specific training is needed for optimal execution
AI to guard consumers against exploitation
Bad behavior extends beyond the e-commerce epicenter