This report examines the key trends in devices over the next five years and provides recommendations to service providers for how they should respond to benefit from the opportunities that lie ahead.
- Data privacy is already a major concern and will grow in prominence as new device categories proliferate.
- Smart security, rather than smart speakers or utilities, will lead the smart home in emerging markets particularly.
- The growing diversity of devices will alter how and where consumers buy their devices.
Features and Benefits
- Advises how service providers should react to the growth in smart home uptake
- Assesses the impact that privacy and data security concerns will have on device markets
- Analyzes how improvements in cloud services will impact the design of devices
Key questions answered
- How can service providers turn data security concerns to their advantage?
- Will the launch of 5G impact the device landscape in any meaningful way?
- How should service providers integrate wearables, smart home, and other devices into their offerings?
Table of contents
Download 1: The Road to 2023: Devices