This report examines five key trends that will shape the advertising market over the next five years, assesses the impact these will have on players across the TMT sector, and provides recommendations for how players should respond.
- The rising share of digital – particularly of incumbent digital players including Google, Facebook, and Chinese tech giants – is driving significant change across the entire advertising ecosystem. Traditional media companies must evolve to adapt to this new competitive dynamic and protect their ad revenue streams.
Features and Benefits
- Examines the future impact of five key advertising trends across consumption, competition, business models, geographies, and technologies.
- Provides a short-term (0–1 years), mid-term (2–3 years), and long-term (3–5 years) view of how each advertising trend will unfold.
Key questions answered
- Why and how will concerns over privacy continue to be a driving force in the advertising market to 2023?
- What impact are Google, Facebook, and other tech giants having on the advertising market, and how should traditional players respond?
- How will traditional advertising fare amid a growing digital sector to 2023?
- What role will AI assistants play in the advertising market to 2023?
- Which developments in consumer technology will have the biggest impact on advertising to 2023?
Table of contents
Download 1: The Road to 2023: Advertising