Ovum has updated its forecasts for retail sales of recorded-music. Like last year's projections, the main conclusion is that the recorded-music sector is firmly a growth market, and Ovum expects sales in each of the years up to and including 2023 to rise.
- Virtually all developed markets are benefiting from rising consumer interest in subscriptions and streaming, and, perhaps most importantly for the sector, many of the much-vaunted and piracy-dominated emerging markets will start to show their worth.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest recorded-music retail sales forecasts for 2018 through 2023.
- Assesses retail sales by source and how the subscription sector is bringing piracy-dominated markets back to life.
Key questions answered
- What share of global recorded-music retail sales with be generated by China in 2023?
- Which of the leading recorded-music markets will increase their share of global retail sales?
Table of contents
A sustained period of recorded-music growth
Flirtation with multiple formats set to end
The US set to outperform global retail sales