Predictions and analysis of how consumer AI assistants will evolve in the medium to longer term, helping stakeholders keep ahead of developments and, by doing so, strengthen their position.
- There will be a shift from AI assistants’ predominantly informational remit and basic recommendations to scenarios where deep learning and neural networks will make predictive, next best actions more accurate and contextually relevant.
- The AI assistant conversational interface can still sound robotic, and the next big development will be advances in AI that can accurately mimic human conversational patterns and behavior with subtlety, making for a richer and more personalized experience.
- Advances in visual computing are opening new use cases for AI assistants with visual displays. Visual search is one of the most immediate, but there will be use cases for facial recognition – for example, for user verification and service personalization.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the key application and service developments for AI assistants.
- Understand the key advances in AI technology that are changing what AI assistants can do.
- Benefit from recommendations on how to maximize AI assistant technology and service developments.
Key questions answered
- How will AI assistants evolve in the shorter and longer terms?
- What are the most important AI technologies impacting AI assistants?
- What service trends are ahead?
Table of contents
Device and service developments
The installed device base for AI assistants is rapidly expanding
Existing applications are largely basic and often mundane
Next-wave applications and services
Shorter-term technology developments
The AI assistant voice interface
Longer-term technology developments
Google Duplex-type conversational capabilities become standard
Holograms take personalization to a new level
Looking ahead to the dawn of the brain-computer interface