Music bundling with mobile subscription packages is a practice that has been around for almost 10 years. Credited with a major role in boosting the take-up of music subscription services, bundling has evolved over the years from the addition of a music service free with a mobile package to more discounted and promotional bolt-ons.
- For a long time, US operators chose not to offer music services. However, two of the country's mobile providers have defied the developed market bundle trend and gone all in with a hard bundle offering.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest music bundling announcements by mobile operators.
- Compares bundling moves in different countries and regions.
Key questions answered
- Which US mobile operators are offering hard bundled music services?
- What kind of music bundles do mobile operators offer their subscribers?
Table of contents
Music bundling in the recorded-music industry
Regions evolve at their own pace and direction
US operators take the hard bundle approach