Customers expect that today's enterprises are available – at least digitally – around the clock. Key to a resilient organization is a comprehensive backup and recovery plan and capability, with buy-in across the business.
- Enterprises require the ability to restore systems and data quickly in the event of failure, so that customers are unaware of any outage or, at most, are minimally impacted.
Features and Benefits
- Considers the provision of service availability, based on business priority.
- Assesses enterprise appetite for data loss and service unavailability in the context of customer expectations.
Key questions answered
- What are the deciding factors that help enterprises choose the required resilience for various services?
- What does Ovum's backup and recovery model suggest?
Table of contents
The "always-on" enterprise requires the ability to restore systems and data quickly in the event of failure
Failing to meet customer expectations can cause untold reputational damage
Preparation is key to resilience
A comprehensive solution requires business buy-in