It's launch year for 5G, but the B2B use cases that drove the hype are missing.
- The speed-up of the 5G standardization has left the B2B world behind – and it was the B2B use cases that were meant to power 5G.
- We forecast a major pulse of 5G RAN investment starting in 2019–20, but the core network picture is less clear.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the missing 5G B2B story.
- Compares capex forecasts for RAN and core.
Key questions answered
- What apps to support the 5G plans are missing?
- Are we spending enough on the core network and orchestration/virtualization to support 5G?
- Do smaller companies want 5G?
Table of contents
The key drivers of 5G adoption are B2B, but where are they?
Speedy standardization: Skipping stops?
Crucial investment decisions will be needed now for 2020–22
B2B is central to the 5G growth story. Don't neglect it