What differentiates 5G from previous mobile generations is its broader scope of services and network capabilities. But 5G is similar to previous mobile generations in that the initial iteration of the standard is a far cry from its final form.
- The full 5G technology stack and services take time to mature. This also requires the completion and commercialization of 3GPP Rel 16, which will not even be finalized until the end of 2019.
Features and Benefits
- Explains the evolution of 5G in three stages.
- Describes the challenges vendors face in deciding what to focus on first.
Key questions answered
- What are the three stages of 5G evolution?
- How far will 5G penetrate the mobile broadband subscription market in 2023?
Table of contents