Using Ovum's Operator Video Strategy Framework, this report maps the evolution of Telefonica's pay-TV and video entertainment business.
- Telefonica's pay-TV operations have evolved from being initially an enhancement to its core telco businesses, to becoming a central component of its overall consumer proposition. Its growth has been primarily organic, with intermittent injections of M&A activity occurring as and when the company felt the need to boost its TV presence in a given territory.
- Continued substantial investment in premium and exclusive programming – including several key sports events – is crucial to Telefonica maintaining its domestic pay-TV market leadership and has positioned the company favorably against its competitors, both in Spain and Peru.
Features and Benefits
- Maps Telefonica's pay-TV and video entertainment business against Ovum's Operator Video Strategy Framework.
- Traces the evolution of Telefonica's various pay-TV and OTT video operations in terms of organic growth versus M&A.
- Examines Telefonica's content investment and distribution technology platform strategies
Key questions answered
- What are the core strategic foundations on which Telefonica has built its video entertainment services?
- What options has Telefonica chosen to pursue within each of these core strategic foundations?
Table of contents
Download 1: Telefonica: Video Strategy