This forecast projects tablet volume sales and installed base by operating system and access technology for nine regions and 19 key countries. This update adds a 5G split for access technology.
- Global tablet sales will decline from a peak of 205.6 million in 2015 to 144.3 million by 2022, driven mainly by a decline in cheap, Android tablets.
- Despite the decline in sales, long upgrade cycles will mean that the global tablet installed base will keep increasing, reaching 1.1 billion in 2022. The installed base in developed market will begin to decline however.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the impact of 5G on the tablet market.
- Assesses the long-term health of the tablet market and the various tablet OS providers.
Key questions answered
- How much will tablet sales decline in developed markets in the next five years?
- Will 5G have any impact on the sales of tablets?
Table of contents
Download 1: Tablet Forecast: Sales and Installed Base by OS, 2017–22