Syncsort's rebranding in May 2018 wasn't simply a marketing facelift in response to upstart competition. It represented a broader shift in business strategy to meet the needs of modern business objectives and purchase behaviors.
- Rebranding, for Syncsort, included significant organizational changes. The rebranding follows a period of sustained company growth, and emphasis has been placed on cross-departmental training initiatives and new leadership to solidify the updated positioning and value proposition.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Syncsort's historical role in the data management market, and evaluates the company's choice of timing to initiate a rebranding initiative.
- Identifies the current trends in enterprise purchasing power and purchasing behavior that influenced, and prompted, Syncsort's strategy to rebrand.
- Compares Syncsort's new positioning to its old marketing and sales strategy, identifying how the shift helps convey value to the modern enterprise decision-maker.
- Identifies organizational changes that have occurred within Syncsort within the last 18 months, accompanying and accelerating the rebranding efforts.
- Analyzes the broader enterprise software trend toward business-oriented positioning, and identifies Syncsort's potential differentiators in this market.
Key questions answered
- What were the market drivers and historical factors that influenced Syncsort to rebrand at this particular point in time?
- How have enterprise preferences and purchasing behavior for complex software solutions changed over the last several years?
- What are the fundamental changes that Syncsort made to its positioning, marketing, and sales strategy in the course of rebranding, and how do they convey value to enterprise decision-makers?
- How does Syncsort's rebranding initiative complement the company's sustained growth, and what organizational changes have been made to accelerate the new brand?
- What other vendors in the information management market have recently undergone similar positioning changes, and how does Syncsort compare from a competitive standpoint?
Table of contents
A sign of the times, and shifting enterprise preferences
Streamlined messaging, underpinned by organizational change
Syncsort is not alone in its efforts, but has certain advantages