Symantec recently released the 23rd volume of its Internet Security Threat Report (ISTR), highlighting the diverse threat landscape that organizations face, and that threats are continuously looking for new ways to attack.
- This report should serve as a wake-up call for many organizations. Enterprises across all sectors must improve their security controls to deal with the continuously evolving threat landscape.
- Compromising an organization through its software supply chain is an increasingly popular attack vector.
- Targeted attacks are up by 10%.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the headlines from the Symantec Internet Security Threat Report.
- Analyzes the reasons behind the rises in different types of attack.
Key questions answered
- What types of attacks were most prevalent during 2017?
- Why have these types of attack been so popular?
- What is the likelihood of these types of attack continuing throughout 2018?
Table of contents
Cryptojacking, supply chain compromises, and targeted attacks provide the ISTR's headlines
The effects of these types of attacks will continue throughout 2018
Assessing and addressing the security landscape is an ongoing activity