French media company Vivendi has reported a solid start to the year for UMG. Although revenue gains at reported rates were muted due to the strength of the euro against the dollar, at constant rates UMG’s performance was more positive.
- Recorded-music income for the company benefited from the continued growth in subscriptions and streaming, with revenue from access services accounting for more than half of the recorded-music total.
Features and Benefits
- Details first-quarter financial results for major record company UMG.
- Assesses revenue by source and looks at the latest comments by Vivendi executives on the possible change to UMG's shareholding structure.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for UMG?
- What share of total revenue for the major music group is generated by music publishing?
Table of contents
Steady start to the year for UMG
Subscriptions and streaming the growth provider
UMG set to become an access-service-dominated company