US trade group the RIAA has reported a second straight year of growth in trade and retail sales of recorded music.
- According to the RIAA, spending on recorded music in the US increased 16.5% last year, to $8.7bn, from $7.5bn in 2016
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest retail sales figures published by the RIAA.
- Examines retail sales by format and evaluates the growth in streaming spending.
Key questions answered
- What share of US recorded-music retail sales are generated by access services?
- Apart from streaming, what other revenue source registered growth in the US last year?
Table of contents
All smiles for the US recorded-music sector
Streaming the dominant revenue source
Mixed year for buy-to-own formats