US recorded-music consumption has registered a very positive year, with streaming again boosting consumption levels to record highs.
- Although the number of audio and video streams served increased year on year, it was video streams that registered the highest growth.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest recorded-music consumption results for the US.
- Analyzes recorded-music consumption in the US last year by format and genre.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music consumption in the US last year came from video streams?
- What share of physical format sales in 2019 were of vinyl LPs?
Table of contents
Solid gains for US recorded-music consumption
One trillion streams and a continued revival in vinyl sales
R&B/hip-hop leads rock and pop as the top genre