Revenue for WMG has exceeded $1bn for the third quarter in a row and only the fourth time in the company's history.
- Although streaming was the main revenue generator, with higher earnings from access services driving year-on-year recorded-music income growth, declines in three of the four main publishing income sources meant the rise in streaming revenue for Warner/Chappell could not prevent the overall publishing total from falling for the first time since the final quarter of 2015.
Features and Benefits
- Details the financial results published by major music group WMG.
- Examines the performance of the company's recorded-music sector and publishing division Warner/Chappell.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music and music-publishing revenue for the two WMG divisions came from digital in the first three months of this year?
- How did WMG's US recorded-music and publishing operations fare compared with its international ones?
Table of contents
Strong start to the calendar year for WMG
Digital takes the publishing lead