US trade group the RIAA has reported a good first-half-year performance for both retail and trade sales of recorded music.
- All streaming categories registered a positive first half of the year, with paid subscriptions accounting for just under half of the six months' total retail sales.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest recorded-music retail sales figures in the US.
- Examines sales by format, with a detailed breakdown of the different format performances.
Key questions answered
- Which of the different recorded-music revenue streams registered the best performance for the first half of this year?
- How many net new subscribers were added in the first half of this year compared with the prior-year period?
Table of contents
The comeback for US recorded-music sales continues
Recorded-music sector all about access
Poor six months for buy-to-own formats, except for vinyl