This is an update on the Spanish telecom market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- The Spanish telecom market is one of the largest in Europe, with intense competition in the mobile and fixed sectors. Consolidation helped operators retain or grow market shares in both the fixed and mobile segments.
- Vodafone and Orange have increased their focus on multiplay services by acquiring Ono and Jazztel, respectively. Regional operator Euskaltel acquired R Cable and Telecable to create a large group in northern Spain. In May 2016, Masmovil became the fourth operator in Spain to launch fixed–mobile convergence services.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Spain's mobile and fixed markets.
- Assesses operator moves, including NGA network development.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- What are the market shares of key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
- What are the new operator initiatives in Spain?
Table of contents
Download 1: Spain Update, August 2017