This report contains a detailed analysis of all of South Korea's main music industry sectors.
- South Korea’s recorded-music industry is arguably the most advanced in the world. Since the turn of the century, the sector has been through a massive transformation, from being almost overrun by piracy to becoming a multifaceted market where both physical and digital formats and services flourish.
Features and Benefits
- Includes detailed analysis of all the main sectors of the South Korean music industry.
- Examines recorded-music sales, the retail sector, the market for music subscriptions, royalty collections, and live performance.
Key questions answered
- What share of music retail sales in 2018 were from music streaming?
- What is the biggest revenue source for South Korean authors and publishers?
Table of contents
A unique market with a flourishing digital and physical sector
Telcos at the center of music distribution
Assessing South Korea's future digital music opportunity
Rights administration and royalty collections
Big rise in collections and distributions for KOMCA
Fall in producers' collections and distributions
K-pop continues to dominate live performance
Festivals in South Korea