This report provides a detailed analysis of all the main industry sectors in South Korea.
- South Korea’s recorded-music industry is quite possibly the most advanced in the world.
- Since the turn of the century, the sector has been through a massive transformation: once almost overrun by piracy, it is now multifaceted with both physical and digital formats and services flourishing.
Features and Benefits
- Details all the main sectors of the South Korea music industry
- Assesses recorded-music sales, music retail, record company market shares, live, and royalty collections.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for South Korean authors and publishers?
- What share of recorded-music sales were generated by music streaming in 2017?
Table of contents
A music market out on its own
Strong digital and physical sector
Subscriptions dominate digital sales
Prospects for 2018 and beyond
Communications services at the heart of music distribution
Digital infrastructure and access
Rights administration and royalty collections
Big rise in collections and distributions for KOMCA
K-pop dominates live performance
Seoul the center of the live-music sector
Festivals in South Korea