This is an update of the South Korean telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulations. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, and TV and OTT market outlook.
- Facing slow 4G growth, the South Korean mobile operators are devoting efforts to secure 5G leadership both domestically and globally. Meanwhile, the operators are transforming themselves into digital ICT players with investments in media and IoT/data businesses to drive sustainable long-term growth.
- In response to fierce competition in this highly mature market, the South Korean telcos are striving to retain their customer bases by becoming more customer-centric. For example, SK Telecom achieved a remarkable reduction in its churn rate in 2Q18 by implementing innovative customer care programs.
- South Korea has one of the fastest fixed broadband speeds in the world, partly thanks to government intervention. Besides their continuous investment in networks, the operators are also implementing innovative services to differentiate themselves and bring in more revenue in the fixed broadband segment. As a result, the telcos’ IPTV businesses have achieved strong performance in 2018. Further growth is expected in South Korean telcos’ IPTV sector as the services are enhanced by technologies such as AI and IoT.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
Table of contents
Download 1: South Korea: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report