This update provides a detailed analysis of all of South Africa's main music industry sectors.
- South Africa is Africa's biggest music market. Consumer spending on recorded music and live performance as well as royalty collections are significantly higher in the country than in any other market in the region.
Features and Benefits
- Covers all aspects of South Africa's music industry.
- Focuses on music retail, live, royalty collections, and copyright protection.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue generator for South African record companies?
- Which music service in South Africa dominates digital sales at the moment?
Table of contents
Subscription gains unable to offset CD slump
Major record company dominance
Musica the leading music retailer
Apple dominates digital sales
South Africa's mobile-music future
Rights administration and royalty collections
Copyright law amendments
Radio the most popular broadcast medium
Multichoice dominates well-developed digital TV sector
Measuring the South African live music sector