This report covers telecoms and media trends in South Africa. The report contains historical data and forecasts extracted from Ovum's database, as well as analysis.
- South Africa is Africa's most mature telecoms market. Mobile penetration and fixed broadband penetration stood at 186% and 14%, respectively, in 4Q18, compared to 82% and 8% across Africa. The market is driven by the increased demand for broadband connectivity and access to content.
Features and Benefits
- Assess which telecoms and media segments will record the fastest growth over the next five years in South Africa.
- Compares revenue generated by each segment of the South African TMT ecosystem.
Key questions answered
- What will the value of the South African TMT market be in the next five years?
- How will OTT video usage impact pay-TV subscriptions and revenue?
Table of contents
Service provider trends
Download 1: South Africa: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report