Electronics giant Sony Corp. has reported a slight fall in sales in the second quarter of its 2018 financial year for its music division, SME.
- Revenue from recorded-music sales and music publishing slipped year-on-year, and the gains from higher income from visual media and platform were unable to offset the declines.
Features and Benefits
- Details SME's results for July to September 2018.
- Examines the financial results for the recorded-music, music-publishing, and visual-media and platform sectors.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music sales in the quarter was generated by streaming?
- Why did Sony increase the sales and operating income forecasts for the current financial year?
Table of contents
Modest second quarter for SME
Streaming gains unable to offset the buy-to-own declines
Flat quarter for music publishing