Electronics giant Sony Corp. has reported a positive end to its music division SME's financial year. All the three sectors (recorded music, music publishing, and visual media and platform) registered earnings growth.
- Despite the good results, Sony has forecast a fall in sales and operating income for the current financial year.
Features and Benefits
- Reveals final-quarter and full-year financial results for SME.
- Categorizes revenue by company sector and source.
Key questions answered
- Which of SME's three divisions registered the best final quarter and full year?
- What share of recorded-music sales were generated by streaming?
Table of contents
Positive final-quarter and full-year results for SME
Streaming provides a boost for recorded-music income
Flat quarter but full-year growth for music-publishing earnings