Streaming sales in 2Q FY19 were up 17%, to JPY66.8bn, from JPY57.1bn in 2Q FY18). The growth rate was down on the 1Q FY19 rise of 27.4%.
- The company said that the increase was largely down to the consolidation of EMI Music Publishing in its music publishing business in November last year as well as higher income from global streaming sales.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the financial results for SME for the July-to-September quarter.
- Explains where the revenue gains were made and assesses the change in sales forecasts for the full financial year.
Key questions answered
- What share of SME's recorded-music sales came from streaming in the company's second fiscal quarter?
- Why did Sony raise the full year sales and operating income forecasts for the full year?
Table of contents
Positive second quarter for SME
Streaming gains more than offset buy-to-own declines
Publishing continuing to benefit from the EMI MP acquisition