Illicit file-sharing activity continues to trouble the recorded music sector, but stream-ripping has emerged as the leading means of obtaining copyright-infringing music content online.
- It might well be time to take a look at core legislation that has served to protect online platforms from liability for the past two decades.
Features and Benefits
- Examines the current state of piracy in the music industry.
- Explains why the music industry needs to remain vigilant about potential new pirate services.
Key questions answered
- How are new pirate music services presenting new challenges to the music industry?
- Do technology developments mean the DMCA should be reviewed?
Table of contents
Keeping a lid on the evolution of recorded-music piracy
New pirate services present new industry challenges
Technology developments prompt a review of the DMCA