An estimated CAGR of 7.30% for the enterprise content management (ECM) market over the next five years is relatively high considering that ECM comprises mature technologies and there are few greenfield sites.
- The ECM market continues to grow strongly as new architectures and technologies disrupt the industry.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how ECM is forecast to grow up to 2022.
- Evaluates where the disruption that will help fuel the growth in ECM over the next five years will come from.
Key questions answered
- Why will adoption of cloud reduce revenue growth?
- Which vertical industries will have the highest spend on ECM?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
The ECM market continues to grow strongly as new architectures and technologies disrupt the industry
There is still all to play for in ECM despite modest growth compared to other information management areas
Adoption of cloud will reduce revenue growth
Vendors should increase their efforts in developing regions where ECM growth rates are higher
Emerging regions offer higher percentage growth rates on lower revenues
Vendors should offer more services and applications to customers
Some vertical industries are set for large growth rates, providing opportunities for vendors
Vertical industries are set to grow at different rates over the next five years
It is no coincidence that vertical industries showing large increases in ECM spend are tightly regulated