At the beginning of this year, Canadian performing-rights society SOCAN published preliminary financial results for 2017, estimating that royalty receipts topped record levels, with both domestic and international income registering growth.
- The collection society has confirmed the preliminary figures in its annual business report. Particularly notable in the results was the sharp rise in internet collections and the positive year for live music.
Features and Benefits
- Details the 2017 financial details published by Canadian authors' society SOCAN.
- Assesses revenue by source and evaluates the performance of the different collection streams.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue generator for authors and publishers in Canada?
- Why could SOCAN be forced to repay collections to pay audio services?
Table of contents
Five consecutive years of growth for SOCAN
International the leading collection source
Big rise for streaming income