This report, together with the Smart Home Vendor Tracker: 2018, provides an analysis of the current trends that define the smart home market, paying attention to key market participants such as Amazon, Google, Samsung, and Apple.
- The competitive landscape in the smart home industry keeps heating up. During 2018, the battle for supremacy intensified, because a growing number of vendors were not only eager to launch innovative solutions with AI functionality but were also anxious to draw the attention of more consumers in more countries around the world. On the other hand, the race for the smart home has also witnessed high levels of partnership activity and developer support, which have greatly contributed to the development of more valuable smart living use cases.
Features and Benefits
- Examines why AI assistants were responsible for the high levels of partnership activity and developer support in 2018.
- Analyzes why frequent service outages and product vulnerabilities are becoming great use experience spoilers.
Key questions answered
- Why have smart speakers had a key role as the Trojan horse in the smart home?
- Why has offering interoperability with AI assistants become a must for many vendors in the smart home industry?
Table of contents
Download 1: Smart Home Vendor Tracker: 2018 Highlights