This report complements Ovum's Smart Home Service Provider Tracker: 2018 by discussing smart home proactivity levels and business models of service providers (SPs) in telecommunications, energy, insurance, and security.
- Over the past year, smart home activity has increased significantly. Numerous SPs from different backgrounds are now competing for a share of the market.
- Despite having a unique entry point into the home, many broadband SPs are still struggling to find the optimum strategy for the smart home.
- Many utilities have realized the need to diversify their retail offering and offer use cases beyond smart energy.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes why many telcos have decided to refine their strategy for the smart home.
- Examines why smart home progress remains limited in the insurance sector.
Key questions answered
- Why should broadband SPs revitalize their current market strategies for the smart home?
- How should insurance SPs take advantage of the current momentum around smart security?
- How can energy providers enhance the links between energy supply and the use of smart energy at home?