This is an update on the Slovakian telecoms market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- The mobile penetration rate in Slovakia will reach 155% by 2022, with LTE making up 111% of this figure. This growth will be driven by 4G broadband for home offers. In terms of cellular subscriber net additions, 4ka retains the number one position.
- The national regulator has set a direction for refarming and planned upcoming spectrum auction to support 5G development. As such, Slovakia is one of the few Eastern European countries to set 5G spectrum auction plans and tests.
- Fixed broadband household penetration is forecasted to reach 94% in 2022. This will be driven by private investments made by telcos. These investments will also support coverage in rural areas. NGN access in such areas had already improved by 14 percentage points in 2016 compared to the previous year.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Slovakia's mobile and fixed markets
- Assesses operator moves, including new product launches and NGA network development.
Key questions answered
- Who are market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets? What are the market shares of key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years? Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
Table of contents
Download 1: Slovakia Update, February 2018