SiriusXM and SoundExchange have settled their litigation surrounding outstanding claims from the beginning of 2007 to the end of 2017 in exchange for a lump sum payment of $150m.
- The agreement brings to an end almost five years of legal dispute centering on SoundExchange's allegations that SiriusXM made incorrect deductions and exemptions when calculating its royalty payments.
Features and Benefits
- Details the settlement between SiriusXM and SoundExchange that brings to an end a five-year legal dispute.
- Explains the cause of the disagreement between the two parties and what the settlement payment is.
Key questions answered
- Why did SoundExchange take legal action against SiriusXM?
- How much has SiriusXM agreed to pay SoundExchange to end the legal dispute?
Table of contents
SiriusXM and SoundExchange end long-running legal dispute
Three ways SiriusXM underpaid royalties
An end to SiriusXM's pre-1972 headaches